Basically, the LSC is the formal offer from China to the adoptive parents to confirm their intentions to adopt the child. The Chinese government has reviewed our dossier (containing our home study, letters of employment, health reports, criminal checks, passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc) and has determined that we have met their criteria to adopt Thea (Du Xiao Yang).
We are now onto the final step...waiting for China to issue us our Notice of Coming to travel to China for adoption (NoC), sometimes this is also referred to as Travel Approval (TA). This is the formal invitation for us to travel to China to complete our adoption of Thea.
Our agency expects this to arrive in about 1 1/2 months...we will then make our travel arrangements to go to China. At this point it looks like we might be traveling mid-June...yippee!
Soooo excited!! We can't wait to go and get our little girl!!
In addition to this...we received an email today from the doctor at Shepherd's Field Children's Village. He told us that Thea's cleft lip surgery had been done on November 22, 2010 at Bei Da Stomatology Hospital in Beijing (the same day her referral pictures were taken). He also informed us that Thea's cleft palate repair has already been scheduled for later this month. He is giving us the option as to whether we want to still have her palate surgery done in China, or if we would prefer to wait until we bring her home.
This is such a difficult decision...we are prayerfully trying to decide what would be best for Thea. We have researched the hospital...it looks like a very good hospital with high medical standards and has it's own center for clift lip and palate. The only downside is that it is also a 'teaching hospital' as well. I called the surgeon here in Kelowna and he suggested that age wise she might be better off having the surgery done younger (for speech development and other reasons) vs waiting until at least 16++ months when we would be able to have it done here. Ultimately the decision is up to us...this is so tough...we can't bare the thought of little Thea having her surgery done without us there to comfort her...although because of where she is at (Shepherd's Field) it might be different from other 'stories of China repairs' we've heard about. Please pray for us as we make this decision for our daughter.
gayle :)

1 comment:
We are so excited that you are one step closer toward being able to meet Thea! Hurry up TA!
Post a Comment