No call today...sigh...so back to waiting 'patiently' it is.
I can't believe what an emotional roller coaster this...I am trying hard to not let the dissappointment get to me. The bright side is that we still know that our daughter is alive...somewhere in China...it just means we will have to wait awhile longer before we get to see her face.
I think that this will most likely mean that we will be waiting another month until the end of March when the shared list will be updated once again. There is a small chance of us getting matched in a few days. The agencies are under a lot of time pressure to 'lock-in' files as soon as the shared list is updated...and it is not uncommon for agencies to 'lock-in' a child's file (for 72 hours) and then realize when looking closer that it doesn't match a family's parameters...those files should be back on the shared list Thursday night.
I kind of had a freak-out moment this morning when I was chatting with my friend from Airdrie, AB. Glen always calls me from work at 9:30am just to say hi...so I was surprised when his number didn't show up on the call display at that time. Awhile later (I was still on the phone), my niece texted me to see if there was any news...it was only then that I realized that when we made some changes with Shaw last week, we had gotten rid of our call display/call waiting!!! I called the adoption agency right away thinking I might have missed 'The Call'...but unfortunately there was no news waiting. Needless to say, my awesome big sister (who happens to work for Shaw) took care of this for us today, so that we will now have that feature again until at least after we get a referral. Thanks sis!
I also want to say thank you to all our friends and family that called, emailed, and texted us to check on us today and offer support...wish I had more exciting news to share today, but hopefully soon! Thank you as well to all of you that have prayed for Bob from FOI (that will be the one matching us with our daughter), as well as for us, and our little girl too...we are so blessed!
So like I said before...back to waiting for now it is...
love, gayle :)
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment